Friday, April 6, 2012

Commentary On "The 'Myth' of Bestia Centauri"

The essay posted immediately below, "The 'Myth' of Bestia Centauri", had its genesis in e-mail correspondence with one or two individuals who expressed interest in the project following the release of Ubbo-Sathla. The material dates from ca. 2002. I later expanded my ideas into a formal essay, which has since been taken, willy nilly, as a sort of "programmatic" statement for the project.


It now seems appropriate to re-publish the essay here. Of course, as anyone might expect, after a period of ten years, there is much that I would change if I were to write such a piece today. Because this is an archive of material related to Bestia Centauri, however, I shall let it stand unrevised, for others to make of it what they will. Is it a product of illumination, a visionary statement? Is it a load of pretentious bollocks? Is it an elaborate joke? Is it, in some measure, all three, simultaneously? Again, I leave this for the reader (and listener) to decide.